Going back into Education!

21:43 Unknown 0 Comments


I'd just started university at Nottingham as a student nurse, and felt like my whole life was mapped out in front of me. I knew where i was headed and what I wanted to do in the future, and everything was just one step away from being perfect.

Then a personal trauma, and a complete rethink happened. I didn't want to be a nurse anymore. There is a lot of stigma around people who choose to leave nursing, perhaps they are not caring enough. I was a really good student nurse. Without being big headed, I was compassionate and caring and really enjoyed working with people and helping them through their situation.

However, ever since i was a little girl, I'd really wanted to be a teacher. My plan was, when I qualified as a nurse, I would work for 10 years and then work at the university to support new nurses through their journey. I thought I was too stupid to ever fulfill my real dream of working with primary school children. When I left uni, due to personal circumstances, I started working in a 9-5 admin job for the NHS. 
All the ladies I work with have been doing the job for 25 years+ and are a lovely bunch. However, I need more. I miss education, and although this may sound really geeky, I really loved being in education and achieved reasonable grades. 

As of today, I have been accepted to do my A Level in English Literature. I have enough UCAS points to enrol on to the primary teaching undergrad degree, however they like you to have an A Level in a chosen subject. I'm going to continue to work while I do my 1 A Level, and after that apply for University to fulfill my ambition of being a teacher. It's a big deal for me. I feel anxious that I may have lost my love for education, or maybe that I'm too stupid to actually even pass this.

I feel determined though, and can't wait til the course pack comes through and I can get to work.
I wonder if anyone else has ever gone through something like this? Entered education later on?

I'd love to hear your experiences.

Thanks for Reading,



Ellie xx 












0 comments: