Caveman to Modern Man!

10:44 Unknown 0 Comments






When I met Luke, I was dumbfounded when he said that he used nothing on his skin. An even, dewy complexion that I could only dream of, and all he did was wet his face a bit in the shower. Cheek!

However, he became quite interested in my skincare routine. I spotted him looking at my products a bit, pumping them on to his hands and sniffing. I could tell that he wanted his own special lotions and potions. I preached to him more often than not, that I definitely needed this special face cream because X,Y and Z, and our bathroom is full of all my day to day skincare/haircare products, and my stock of reserves. I think he was a little jealous.
When we went to London in January, we visited the Lush Oxford St store as I was desperate to try some of their exclusive products. While we were in there, I managed to convince him to pick up a shaving cream AND moisturiser!

Just to emphasise- Luke genuinely believed that you washed moisturiser off after use. He thought my Liz Earle cleanse and polish was a lovely hand cream. He'd even used my exfoliator in his hair. He didn't have a clue!



Firstly we picked up Prince shaving cream from Lush. This beautiful shaving cream is thick, and only needs a small bit to apply good coverage. It smells beautiful, largely down to the added orange blossom. It smells fresh and fruity, and I think neutral. I have sneaked this a few times to use when shaving my legs! Luke had previously used the Maca root shaving kit from The Body Shop but said he prefers the feel of this cream, and that it leaves his skin smoother after shaving. What more could he want?



We picked up Cosmetic Lad moisturiser from Lush. This is a unisex product that though is targeted more towards men, I think has a neutral smell. It's thick, creamy consistency means that he doesn't have to use a lot to get real moisture to his skin after he has shaved. This moisturiser contains lavender, wheatgrass and marigold cream. It does also say on the packaging that you can use this as a shaving cream should you so wish.
Luke loves this product! As mentioned before, it isn't strong smelling and takes 2 seconds to apply. He's always asking me to "stroke my face' after applying, and I think he really appreciates the results.

Luke had been brought up to believe that "men don't moisturise" etc, like they have a completely different skin to women. When we started dating, and he met my dad (who has a bigger collection than me!) I think he was converted. Him being 23, I think it's ideal to care for your skin as much as you can when you're young, to reap the rewards when being older. Especially as he shaves his face, which i think is harsh when you think of it!


With it approaching Valentines day, maybe these two products could be the perfect gift to a loved one who is just getting into skin care. As mentioned, the scents are neutral and I think most people will like them as they are not strong smelling.

Have you got any other products you think Luke just HAS to try? I know he'd genuinely be excited to try them haha.

Thanks for Reading,



Ellie xx










0 comments: