Tiny Pieces of Happiness

15:57 Unknown 3 Comments


Sometimes it can be so hard to find happiness, especially when you're low. Even though Luke, my family and friends are amazing, when you're alone it can be difficult to replicate the warmth and happiness you felt in their company. As such, I've compiled a short list of my happiness, things that make me feel warm, safe and comfortable. Particularly when i'm on my own, I use these methods as a "go-to" happiness maker, and thought i'd share! 


Burning a candle makes me feel instantly comfortable and cosy. I like quite sweet scents, and will often reach for vanilla and cinnamon spiced smells, especially this time of year. I love the Bath and Body Works candles, but unfortunately they do not ship to the UK. This means I either have to stock up on the rare chance I get to go to America, or ask my mum to pick me some up when she visits a store in Qatar. I absolutely adore the Cinnamon Sugared Doughnut scent, as it smells like a warm bakery. Sparkle Every Day is also another lovely one, this one with more vanilla tones. Finally, I love Bath and Body Works signature "Beautiful Day" scent, and this one makes any room smell fresh with floral tones. 
I definitely prefer these 3 wick candles to any other brand, as the smell they release can fill a room, and they always burn very equally. 
I recently bought the Snowflake Cookie Yankee Candle, in the big jar. This is similar to the cinnamon sugared doughnut, but with the addition of vanilla and a kind of marzipan-ny smell. Absolutely gorgeous. 
My other favourite up there is a candle I bought in HomeSense. I love HomeSense, and especially love their candle section. You can sometimes find big brands, but I also enjoy finding new brands to sink my teeth in to.
Either way, lighting a candle and the smelling the scent fill the room is something that really relaxes me, no matter how anxious or down I am. 


I adore hearing my kittens purr. I find the noise so comforting and loving, and my boys are definitely very loud! I think in general, animals are very soothing. My best friend has a Chihuahua who showers her with love, and it's lovely how pets can provide so much more than you could initially think. 


A nice hot drink in a favourite mug can be so soothing to me, particularly on a dark and dreary day when comfort is needed. I am a lover of Chai, particularly Tesco Finest Vanilla Chai tea, and the skinny Chai Latte powdered blend. I feel like both taste of Christmas? 
My favourite hot chocolate is one that was gifted to my from my best friend, which is the Whittards of Chelsea luxury hot chocolate, I literally have to buy a tub a month. 
I love mugs, and my two particular favourites are personalised. I got both of these mugs for Christmas last year. The first is a personalised Emma Bridgewater mug, which is so big and lovely, and was bought for me by Luke. The second is a personalised Minnie Mouse mug, which was also from my best friend! Anyone who knows me well knows that I have a rather large collection of Minnie Mouse mugs, and this one tops my list!


A nice hot bath with a good book also takes my mind of any worries I have. I love YA and fantasy, and enjoy escaping to another world. A bath bomb also makes my bath feel extra special, and like the rest of the universe, I love the Lush ones. My favourites include Sex Bomb and Frozen, though I'd love to try more! 


Finally, a good pamper. I love good products that make me feel better about myself. As discussed in a previous post, my skin can be quite temperamental and needs a lot of care to banish any blemishes. I love Liz Earle products for a bit of a daily pamper, the moisturiser is really the best I've ever used. 
I also love facemasks, as also discussed in a previous post, as they make me feel like I've gifted my skin. 

What do you like to do to relax, or to help cheer you up? Sometimes when we're so caught up with life stresses it can be hard to find tiny pieces of happiness, but I think it's really important to do so.

Thanks for Reading,

Ellie xx 















3 comments:

  1. very nice!!!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/andystyle-4602025

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really nice post! I love hot drinks too, and when it comes to winter I have a lot more hot chocolates than I should haha. Lush bath bombs are great too, I used Frozen today and it was really cool. What's the one in your picture?
    Candles are a great way to feel cosy too, and I wish I could try the Bath and Body Works candles one day! Sugared Doughnut must smell so good.

    Julia xx
    Wander around Paris with me here: http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr/2015/10/parisian-wanderer.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's the Golden Egg from Lush, I think it was a limited edition one for Easter but I always bulk buy the limited edition one!
      They are so good - I can ask my dad to bring one over and post it to you if you like?
      And i'll definitely be having a look at your Paris post!

      Ellie xxx

      Delete