Life Update - And a Few Favourites from August!

14:24 Unknown 6 Comments






This August was the first time I had a full time job. I went to visit my dad in Qatar but mostly just worked in the weeks. I also went to the GP and got diagnosed with clinical depression and generalised anxiety disorder. Going to the GP was so frightening and I was very worried that I would be turned away or made a fool of. My GP was actually so lovely and made me feel very comfortable. I am now receiving treatment for both of these, but feel its important to talk about it and try to remove the stigma regarding these as much as possible.

One thing that has been really helping, particularly with my anxiety, is adult colouring books. I love the exquisite pictures and the intricate designs. I am currently using Millie Marotta's Animal Kingdom, and these are a few examples from her book:




I just think they're so beautiful and make me feel so relaxed when doing them. I bought a cheap pack of pencils from Tesco and have been addicted to doing this ever since! 


My babies, Ralphie (left) and Bilbo (right) also relieve a lot of my stress. They are such cute and loving kittens, and they definitely know how to lighten my mood. Sometimes i find myself feeling quite numb, I don't feel happy or sad? But i feel like these two boys defrost that numbness and make me feel warm again. 


Then of course, the wonderful support I receive from my boyfriend Luke. I think it can be quite difficult for him, sometimes i'm up and other times i'm right at the bottom, with nothing really there to trigger it. I cry sometimes if the washing hasn't been done or if i've lost a sock, and luckily he is really understanding and never makes me feel guilty. I think it's really important to have someone to talk to during the difficult times and the good times, whether it is your partner, your mum, your friend, anyone! It's just important to talk. 


A few things i've been loving in August - just to change the subject ever so slightly. These two products have both been making me feel good in very different ways. 


I LOVE the comforter shower gel by Lush Cosmetics. It smells so nice and leaves your skin silky smooth. I look forwarding to showering and using this product, and you can smell it on your skin after the shower, a feature I adore. 


Of course, I had to mention this! This beauty is the new Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette, and boy oh boy is it delicious! I love the variety of colours and that so many of them are perfect for Autumn/Winter. I particularly love the addition of the shade Smolder, a beautiful purple shade that is so complementary to any eye combination. I really recommend this palette, as if you haven't heard of it already!! 


So a bit of a varied post, but wanted to do an update and also show you two products that I have been loving throughout August. How was your month?

Thanks for Reading,

Ellie 





6 comments:

  1. I just want to wish you to get better quickly, being diagnosed is the first step to recovery for every illness and it will help you I'm sure ;) Your kittens are really cute!
    Colouring books seem to be really cool, I need to get one too. You seem to be a very sweet person, I'll keep an eye on your blog! :)

    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The kittens are indeed cute but ever so naughty, though i suppose this only adds to their charm.
      I love the colouring books, I really recommend them. They're a lot cheaper on amazon than they in shops like Waterstones etc.
      Aw thank you, that's so lovely. I'll be keeping an eye on yours too!
      Ellie xx

      Delete
  2. OMG you have the UD Smokey palette, I want it sooooo badly! The shades are gorgeous! It's also really good that you are receiving treatment for your anxiety and depression, and I think you're right that mental health needs to be more widely talked about seeing as most of us are affected in someway or another! I get quite bad anxiety sometimes, and it's frustrating that it doesn't get treated the same way as a physical illness (in the sense that people don't see it an seriously because it's not something you can see). Your kitties are so so cute!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! I really recommend it, the colour combinations are beautiful.
      Yes exactly, mental illness can be just as crippling as physical illness but very rarely gets treated the same. But i definitely feel like the more we all talk about it and raise awareness, the sooner it may be treated with the same seriousness as physical illness. and thank you! They're my gorgeous boys!
      Thanks for reading,
      Ellie xx

      Delete
  3. i just recently got myself the same coloring book and its so calming to color it in. i love it.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't the illustrations just amazing?! I love it too!

      Thanks for reading, Ellie xx

      Delete