Throne of Glass Book Review! *No Spoilers!*

20:41 Unknown 0 Comments


Very recently I treated myself to the first 3 books of this series by author Sarah J Maas. Having read A Court of Thorns and Roses, I had really high expectations. 

Wow. I absolutely loved it! The rough plot centres around main character Celaena Sardothien, the greatest assassin. Having endured months in a slave camp, she is fighting for freedom to work as the Kings Champion. Her hatred for the king is something she attempts to keep at bay, while battling other warriors and dealing with her tragic pass. 

This story has everything I love - fierce women, magic, faeries and a love triangle. I found it so hard to put down, savouring every page. Celaena Sardothien, at first, is extremely difficult to like. Her arrogance is irritating and her claims of being the best assassin were something unproven to the reader until the middle of the book. When it comes however, it comes! As the books go on more, I found myself rooting for her.

Chaol Westfall is the Kings Captain, who protects the king and Prince Dorian furiously. I loved the character of Chaol, his broodiness and clear sensitivity made him my novel crush. How embarrassing. However, I just loved this character. Although his decision may not always make sense to the other characters, the POV segments allowed you in to his complex mind and these went down very well for myself.

Prince Dorian is the kings eldest son, who is originally portrayed as a lady's man and a bit of a poser. Although in this book I never particularly warmed to him, his character becomes more loveable as the books go on. 

I really recommend this series to anyone who love YA and fantasy. The inclusion of fae/magic in the first book isn't massively strong, but does build throughout the series. 
The next instalment is being released on the 1st of September, and I am so pleased that I finished all of them before this comes out. 

I give this 5 stars, one of my favourite reads this year! 

Have you read this book/series? What did you think?

Thanks for reading,

Eleanor 













0 comments: