Harry Potter Studio Tour!

21:11 Unknown 1 Comments


A few months ago myself, Luke, my auntie Julie and my cousin John went to the Harry Potter Studio Tour in Watford, near London. An absolute must for any Harry Potter fan, this tour takes you around sets used in the film (including the great hall!!) and provides endless photo opportunities. It is truly magical. 
After entering through the great hall, you are free to roam around all of the props and sets. It was such a surreal experience to stand and view this, the rooms/items that were lovingly described in the novels and then brought to life in the films. 

As loathed as she is, I loved seeing Dolores Umbridge's desk! Every individual plate was designed differently, and it looked plush and extremely girly. You can just imagine her sipping her sickeningly sweet tea conjuring up her evil plans!. 


Need I explain? I'm sure everyone recognises this door. What's better, is that the snakes actually mechanically moved! 

Ah, the burrow. Basically the essence of how I want my future home to be, cosy and comfortable. Being in the actual Weasley's actual kitchen was wonderful particularly as the knife chopped and knitting needles knitted on their own... as if by magic! 

This is of course the potions room. Again in meticulous detail, each individual jar was labelled with different contents. 

After this, we went and had a bite to eat and a butterbeer! The food court is extremely busy with long queues, and the sandwiches are really quite pricey. You can't take food in, so I would advise having something to eat in the car before you go in. 
The butterbeer hut was located to the right of the Starbucks. Reasonably cheap, and although I can't remember the specific price, I know it was only about a pound more to have the actual cup! The butterbeer here is basically cream soda with a frothy top. 

I have made butterbeer at home, would anyone like a recipe post?! It tasted delicious and made my house smell divine. 


We were lucky enough to go in time to see the Hogwarts Express! There is a lovely little gift shop that sells "train tickets" for platform 9 3/4's... of course I HAD to have one, despite it being a little pricey. Priciness is of course, to be expected. 


Ewwww it chilled me even to post this, I had to ask Luke to take this photo for me! When walking through, unfortunately I had to crouch and look at the floor, as the photo really doesn't do justice as to how large and creepy this is. 


The gift shop was the last leg of the amazing tour. It was amazing! You could buy everything from Hogwarts robes, to Ollivander's wands, Honeydukes Confectionary and even a Dolores Umbridge inspired teacup and saucer! 
You could spend hours browsing here, and you will definitely spend a small fortune. There are potion making books, scrolls and pens, stuffed toys, and other souvenirs. I loved it! 




This tour is an absolute must-see for any Harry Potter film, as it emerges you in to everything magic. I felt it was interesting and magical for both adult and child alike! 

Have you been? Or are you itching to go?! 

Thanks for reading

Eleanor 


1 comment:

  1. Oh the Harry Potter Studios! I had to read this post too because I went there and loved it so so much. Of course who couldn't love it, especially as Harry Potter fans? :D
    Just like you, I really liked Umbridge's desk. The cats are so cute, and I do love pink :P one of the 'sets' that got me the most was the Malefoy's manor, with the body of poor Charity Burbage floating in the air... it's all so well-made!
    I'd love to know your recipe of the Butterbeer!
    If you want to check out the post/photos I did about the Studios, here it is: http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr/2015/05/making-of-harry-potter-at-warner-bros.html

    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete